I am so very remiss. I haven’t got around to it and I have no excuse. Well, I do have plenty of excuses but absolutely no Reasons.
In December and January I was passed two bloggy awards by some wonderful folk and I am very embarrassed it has taken me this long to post about it. So, I shall swiftly get to the point.
Lena, Jane and Marianna have passed me the One Lovely Blog / Very Inspiring Blog award. All three bloggers write of their exploits and I can’t help but read, particularly when there is sewing and such to see and discuss and things for me to learn.Thank you for thinking of me. You are very kind.
I have also been sent a Beautiful Blogger award by Cathe. Thank you my dear. Cathe too lives far far away and fascinates me with beautiful images and tales from her world, of her sewing, crafting and puppies.
For both awards I’m supposed to tell you a few things about myself.
- I studied performance music and commerce at university but don’t really play with either of them anymore.
- I am the middle kid of three with 25 nieces/nephews and 11 great nieces/nephews, at last count.
- I like most foods but cannot get blue cheese or coriander (cilantro) past my nose.
- If a sharp knife happens to be lying pointy end towards me I HAVE to turn it away.
- I make my own bread by hand every other day.
- I have a love-hate relationship with the snails and slugs that patrol my vegetable garden. The destructive slimy little buggers are kind of fascinating.
- When he was a boy, my grandfather saw a fairy at the bottom of his garden. I treasure my memory of his smile and face shining as he told me about it.
- I am a list writer but not always a list follower.
Now according to the rules I should nominate new recipients for each award. I found this part hard and limiting the list took some time! Plus many have already received these awards so I didn’t want to double up.
Some of these blogs are new to me. Not all are sewing related. Please do visit them whether you are already acquainted or not.
For the One Lovely Blog / Beautiful Blog Award:
For the Beautiful Blogger Award:
P.S. I was also supposed to include the rules for each award. But this post is long enough and various search engines are available for that sort of thing.