Wow but we are having an amazingly long hot summer this year and I’m enjoying it enormously. The heat is getting in the way of sewing time rather, and I have been avoiding the sewing room in the evening as it is the hottest room in the house at that time of the day.
Sweet sweaty torture, you could say.
Even so I managed to make another wrap top muslin this time leaving off the ties, collar and facings. I tried an SBA (my first) removing 1-1.5″ there and dropped the waist a couple of inches as well. It turned out like this….
Ignoring uneven back darts there is a lot of volume everywhere and the shoulders are wider than I am so I think I need to go down at least one size but grade the waist and hips up to a 40.
I’ll probably need to lengthen the front vertical darts and move the bust dart point up as its pointing nowhere near the right place. I might need to bring it in more across my chest too as I can pinch an inch out each side easily without it getting too tight.
Lower down it’s too tight below the waist and this is making everything ride up a little I’m sure. So, once I have done the above changes I’ll need to tissue fit it to see if I need to do any swayback alterations and whether more SBA work is required.
That should keep me warm, entertained and busy.
Please do sing out if I’m missing anything :).