And here finally in all its wrinkled unaltered glory is the size 12 bodice block on me.
Man my right arm looks weirdly enlarged in the rear view pic…. but ignore that as best you can. Also please note that there are 5/8″ seam allowances at the armscye and neckline which I should have omitted and will next time.
Righto, the changes I believe I need to make so far are:
- There is quite a lot of excess fabric across my upper back and chest. Most of the following things I think are contributing to this so I’ll see how it is in the next version before trying to fix it specifically.
- CF and CB at the neck are too high – CF by half an inch or so and CB by closer to an inch, with the current seam allowance taken into account.
- Small bust adjustment – the bust points need to come up and inwards by about half an each and are both about 1″ too full.
- Lower the waist by 1″, though I shall check this after I’ve lowered the neckline and done the SBA.
- I need to alter for my sway back by an inch or so plus drop the waist by another inch.
- Its too tight across my hips which I’ll accommodate within the seam allowance.
- Finally for now, I’m shorter from shoulder to arm hinge by enough that it is pulling up into my underarms plus I can pinch a good couple of inches right along the shoulder seams.
That’s enough to start with. Obviously I’ll need to draft some sleeves to add the mix, but I think I’ll avoid that extra complication for now. Chicken? Yep but also happily and quietly excited as I plod through the process.
Please do chime in with suggestions if you fancy because I know I’m way off on some things and completely blind to a myriad of others. Oh the blissful ignorance of a beginner.